Design and Technology
As part of their work with food, pupils are taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating. Learning how to cook is a crucial life skill that enables pupils to feed themselves and others affordably and well, now and in later life. Pupils should be taught to:
Key stage 1
• use the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet to prepare dishes
• understand where food comes from.
Key stage 2
• understand and apply the principles of a healthy and varied diet
• prepare and cook a variety of predominantly savoury dishes using a range of cooking techniques
• understand seasonality, and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed.
Dinner Band System
We have recently introduced a band system at lunchtimes. The children are able to pre-order their lunch in the morning. This system reduces queuing at lunchtime and so far seems to be a success.
Please note that the cost of school dinners from September 2017 for Key Stage 2 will be £11 per week or £2.20 per day. Please inform the office if you wish your child to have school dinners in September.
Our fruit trolley is now up and running. Children are able to buy fruit at playtime for 10p.
Here are a few recipes you may like to try at home:
View our school menu
We hope your child likes our new and improved dinner menu. We are now offering a butter option as an alternative for the jacket potato for those children who prefer this.