It has been a while since I sent out this letter and I felt that for those who do not know me I would like to introduce myself in my role as Pastoral Lead throughout school.
I work with children, parents/carers, School staff and outside agencies to provide the best solution for children who are experiencing problems and to try and overcome any barriers to learning they may have. I will listen to children, offering support and practical advice, in order for them to achieve the best they can whilst at Rothwell Primary School. I can offer one to one support or small group work, on a short or long term basis, which will be tailored to meet the needs of the children concerned.
I am available and happy to meet with parents/carers to discuss any difficulties and plan a way forward. This may include:-
- Supporting children with behavioural problems.
- Supporting attendance/punctuality.
- Supporting difficulties with friendships.
- Supporting with problems in or out of school which may affect children’s work.
- Supporting after a long absence.
- Supporting parents/carers – I am a good listener and am here to help, not judging in any way. By Collaborating in this way we can work towards your child/ren Reaching their full Potential by;
- Increasing confidence and motivation to ensure they Enjoy their experience at school.
- By Respecting children and adults alike they build better social skills and friendships.
- Improving attitude and behaviour – both in and out of school.
- Keeping Healthy, improving attendance and punctuality.
- A more positive attitude towards school so they can Achieve the best they can.
- More effective communication between parents, carers and the school.
- I also run a breakfast club each morning from 8.15am. If you need any further information about this please contact me.
I am available on a daily basis from 9.30 am and also at the end of the school day. If you would like to arrange to speak to me about any specific concerns or just for an informal chat to say hello, please do not hesitate to pop in and see me. If I am unavailable, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
If you would prefer a more specific appointment please ring on the school number or email email@example.com .
Mrs A Brooks